Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mystery is a speedbump ...

I'm going to keep this brief because I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

They found from testing last week, that I have Metastatic Breast Cancer.  It is incurable. 

Chemotherapy & radiation are out, for now, at least.  I've already started on treatment, which is hormonal therapy.  (I took my first dose after dinner, at 7:17pm.)  The hope is this will begin to shrink the breast tumor.  Whether it does or does not, there are other courses of treatment that can be prescribed.

Also, my blood is very thick - Polycythemia.  I have to go weekly to have blood drawn - the nurse removed 500mL today.  It was so thick that my blood stopped flowing through the first tube & she had to start again with another vein.  Some of the blood is being sent to the Mayo Clinic for testing.

From the ECHO test - my heart is good & strong.

When I get my wits together, I'll blog further.  My brain is exhausted.

Off to a crossword puzzle & watch a little TV ...

No comments: