Monday, September 26, 2011

My adventure ...

 
I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday, and immediately went into a panicked spin.  I didn't want it to be Monday. Not yet.  Once I turned the TV on & saw 'Meet The Press', well, of course that meant it was Sunday. What relief. 

Tuesday, the 27th, I start my first regiment of Chemotherapy. 

I'm hoping this blog will help me through this new adventure, because I don't know what to do with my thoughts as I think them.  Outwardly, I've been stoic.  Inwardly, I'm a mess.  Is it possible to be a stoic mess?  Or a messy stoic?

I recently was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It's grown to about the size of a baseball, & the doctors wonder if there isn't cancer elsewhere.  This past Friday, my oncologist sent me in for an Echo, CT Scan, & a Bone Scan.  I suppose I'll learn something new from these tests this week.

So here I am, late Sunday night, & unsure of what to write.  I don't like being the center of attention.  I'm the one who prefers to sit in the background quietly soaking it all in. 

Maybe all I need to do is get this initial post out of the way, & the next one will be easier.

No comments: